The AMP IMPACT Awards provide travel assistance (USD$3,000) for up to three (3) selected molecular professionals to attend the AMP Global 2019 conference. The applicants must be from lower-middle and low-income countries* as defined by the World Bank Country Classification
*Residents from countries that are on the sanctioned country list of the U.S. Department of the Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) are not eligible.
- be from a lower-middle and low-income country as defined by the World Bank Country Classification (see above link).
- lack funding for travel and/or registration to the AMP Global 2019 conference from their institution.
- secure any necessary travel visas and provide documentation for permission to attend the AMP Global 2019 conference.
- agree to attend the awards ceremony at the AMP Global 2019 conference to personally accept the travel award.
- submit a brief report to AMP within a month of the conclusion of the AMP Global 2019 conference summarizing his/her experiences and what s/he learned by attending the AMP Global 2019 conference.
Note: Authorship on an abstract submitted to the AMP Global 2019 conference is preferred, but not required.
Part A: Tasks for the Trainee Applicant to perform:
- Prepare support documents:
- Current CV or resume
- Statement of Interest that includes:
- Description of your commitment, experience, and interest in molecular diagnostics.
- Description of what you expect to gain from attending the AMP Global 2019. For example, how you believe the knowledge gained will expand your current understanding of molecular diagnostics, how it will benefit you in your current position, and/or how it will enhance your career.
- Describe your local activities with laboratory associations, if any.
- Describe ways in which you can share your experience at the AMP Global 2019 conference with local and national colleagues, such as teaching responsibilities.
- If you are an author on an abstract that has been submitted for the AMP Global 2019 conference, include a copy of the abstract in either MS Word or PDF format. Note: Authorship on an abstract submitted to the AMP Global 2019 conference is preferred but not required.
- Request letters of support from 2 colleagues or supervisors. They should be practicing in laboratory medicine, healthcare administration, or other official capacity. Letters from active AMP members are strongly recommended.
- Complete and submit an online application
A portion of the award check will be provided at the awards ceremony during the AMP Global 2019 conference, and the remainder will be provided after receipt of the post-conference report.
Deadline to Submit All Material: February 6, 2019
Notification Date: No later than March 1, 2019